What is COMPATH
COMPATH stands for the Comparative Pathology Platform of the University of Bern.
Our aims are:
- To provide scientific and technical support to researchers working on animal models of human disease
- To provide complementary histopathological expertise (human and animal)
- To provide access to our growing network of scientists, physicians and technicians
This “one medicine/pathology” approach generates synergy between various experts.
What is new about COMPATH?
- COMPATH’s major strengths: unique team of human and veterinary pathologists/scientists, and longstanding experience in supporting both preclinical and clinical research.
- This responds to the urgent national and international need for a thorough evaluation of preclinical in-vivo and ex-vivo research projects.
- The integration of modern technology such as next generation tissue microarrays (www.ngtma.com) adds to the conventional morphologic analysis.